This is the reproduction of old World War I era Kukri. This Kukri is a very famous among Military Knife collectors because of the fact that the very design of this Kukri was carried/used by the Gurkhas in hand-to-hand battle in the Jungle of Burma during world War 1st. This Kukri knife played a very significant role in creating the history of the Gurkhas. This Kukri was also great to use for any kind of heavy works. It can be used to chop wood, fire wood, bone, cleaning bushes. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon Steel and its semi-polished. It is broad and more curved then Standard Kukris therefore it is perfect while use. The Handle is flat full tang. Unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). Two whitewood pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with three metal rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle. Special Brown Sheath is made of Genuine Buffalo Leather. The blade measures 10" long while the handle is 5" therefore; the overall length of the Kukri is 15 inches. The widest part of the blade is 2.28" and the spine is 0.47" (12mm) at the thickest part. The weight of the kukri blade is 657.5 grams. The Blade, Handle, Scabbards and even small knives called Karda and chakmak are high end finished. The wooden display stand can be purchased with additional Charges. The Blade, Handle, Sheath and even small knives called Karda and Chakmak are high-end finished ??
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 10.00Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Unpolished Blade
* Handle size: 5 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of White Wood.
* Overall Length: 155inches (38.4cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Aprox)
* Weight: (900 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather