This is an Official Police issued Khukuri (kukri) used to Nepalese Police officers. Most Nepalese Police officers will carry this Kukri when on duty. However many off duty Nepalese officers also carry this kukri. This is one of the few Kukri officially issued to Police officers on special occasions or during training events, trainings and graduations. The Khukuri made specifically for the Nepal Police can be identified by the cross insignia at the end cap of the handle distinguishing them as being a weapon of the Nepalese Police Force. Made of a Highly Graded Carbon with balanced temper on the edge of the blade skillfully made with a 9" long blade and a handle that is 5" long, made of Rosewood this blade is durable. The edge of the blade has been water tempered which makes it very strong and virtually unbreakable. This Kukri is also great for use in the home and can easily chop wood, cut through bone or may be used to clear brush.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
Specification of 9 Inch Nepal Police Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 9.00Inches (22.86cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Unpolished Blade
* Handle size: 5.00 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose wood.
* Overall Length: 14.00inches (35.56cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
* Weight: 1.32lbs or 21.16Oz (600 grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather