This is issue to Nepal army Ranger .It is a part of the regimental weaponry and heraldry of the Nepalese Gurkha Rifled. It is known to many people as simply the "Gurkha blade" or "Gurkha knife". An attacking knife (kukri). The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon with balanced temper on the edge of the blade making it very strong. Besides carrying the knife in war time, this blade can be used for chopping wood, cutting through bone and clearing brush. This Kukri is also a Standard Issue in Gurkha Units as they have few other military kukris issued on special occasion or during training.
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 9.00Inches (22.86cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, polished Blade
* Handle size: 5.00 Inches (12.7cm)Full tang made of "Rosewood"
* Overall Length: 14.00inches (35.56cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
* Weight: 1.32lbs or 21.16Oz (600 grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather